This sweet holiday book—part of the Legends series from Zonderkidz—explores the true story behind the tradition of baking Christmas cookies and sharing them with others, inspiring kids to become cheerful givers themselves and showing them how they can share the story of Christmas with those around them.
Inside, you and your children can discover:
- How Christmas cookies were invented as a way to help the needy and share the story of Jesus’s birth
- Why giving is better than receiving, and why it’s important to give to others during the holidays
- The history behind each common Christmas cookie shape, and how they can be used to tell others about God’s love for us
When Jack’s mom decides to make Christmas cookies, Jack learns the real story behind the first Christmas cookies, and how a family used the baked goods as a way to feed the needy and share the truths behind the first Christmas. Soon, Jack has an opportunity to share a cookie and a story with a stranger as well.
The Legend of the Christmas Cookie is:
- Perfect as a gift for boys and girls ages 4-8, grandchildren, and nieces and nephews
- Ideal as a family reading tradition for Advent, Christmas, or anytime in the holiday season
- Great as a gift for people who love the history behind Christmas and holiday traditions
If you enjoy The Legend of the Christmas Cookie, check out other books in the Legends series: The Legend of the Candy Cane, The Legend of Saint Nicholas, The Legend of the Christmas Stocking, The Legend of the Christmas Tree, and The Legend of the Easter Egg.