Library Book Sales
You can find ongoing book sale shelves at our Downtown and Southwest Library locations. Watch for special sales throughout the year.
Before You Donate Used Items, Please Be Kind and Follow our Guidelines:
Unusable items cost the library money and staff time. In general, we will take:
- Hardback and paperback books in good condition.
- Children’s books that look modern and are in great repair.
- Current magazines - no older than 1 year (6 months for weekly publications.)
We do not accept textbooks, damaged items, encyclopedias, etc.
How to donate:
- Take items to a staff member during library hours. Do not leave items outside our buildings or inside book returns.
- Up to two boxes per family, per day. To donate, pull into a Curbside spot, and call the Curbside number. Staff will assist you.
- Books that seem collectible or valuable should be passed to the librarian working the desk for further review.
To help our staff, please limit the number of items donated.
Need help finding a donation center for your used books? Contact our Reference Department for ideas.
Little Free Libraries may be an option for books we cannot take.